Tuesday 9 February 2016

All at sea (two)

Tuesday 9th February

Position 09.00 UTC
34 degrees 19.00 minutes North
035 degrees 26.33 minutes West
Course 055 degrees
Speed 18.4 knots
Total cruise distance sailed 9569 nm

08.00 with just one more time zone change to go
One more day sailing in a North Easterly direction, our course since leaving Barbados, before we reach the nine  islands  that make up the Azores.
So, what have we been doing?

Well, apart from things already highlighted since day one....not a lot.
Plenty of facts learned from our lecturers, on passenger talent has shown itself to be pretty good as have in the main the entertainers.
Four nights ago I volunteered, with three others, to go up  against four other passengers who participate in all three daily quizzes as a team, to have a go at the ships Eggheads quiz.
Tonight is the last night, so the fifth, and we’re still in it! 
I’ll let you know how that goes in my next report, save as to say, it’s a good job I have some completely random but very good partners.

I can honestly say we’ve not been bored, but we are both at the stage where we’re read out and look forward to being at home. 
So we’ve lined up our Duty Free, three bottles of Bombay Sapphire, and a bottle of Glenfiddich. 
I guess my one is the Scotch, because as the lady in the supermarket advert says “ I like gin “!





No comments:

Post a Comment