Sunday 31 January 2016

All at sea



Sunday 31st January. Day 26

Last night we decided to give the entertainment people another chance to impress us.
Some authenticity was added to the theme “From Russia with love” as most of the cast are Ukrainian’s. 
It was forty five minutes long, as well as the very good “orchestra”, nine dancers (four male & five female) three lead singers, and a rather attractive solo violinist entertained us. 
Most of the tunes  I associated with the Russian music I’ve heard over the years, and it really was very good. Particularly the dances.

We had a lecture today headed “Pirates of the Caribbean” only interfering with our day of bone idleness for an hour before lunch. 
Quite interesting going through the history and relating that to the Jack Sparrow character of Johnny Depp. 
The Hollywood boys appear to have done some research into the subject and characters. 
Our lecturer Louise Bonner seemed to have Mr Depp’s photo’s on screen too often, for reasons I just can’t understand.

Whilst sitting on the sun deck most of the afternoon, it occurred to me my outburst of grumpiness yesterday was probably withdrawal symptoms. My excuse anyway.
I really do miss proper real ale..
To cap it all, we have a guy on board, a Dutchman, who looks the spitting image of our landlord Mick. 
Ponytail as well!
Although I gave in yesterday with a most needed refreshment of l***r, I will not resort to the canned John Smiths Smooth, Boddingtons or Guinness....I hope. 
No, there’s no way I’ll touch that stuff, if it was in bottles though!

At this time 17:30 we are fast approaching the coasts of Venezuela and Trinidad.
We are travelling at 18.6 knots, and have so far sailed a total of 7222 nautical miles.
By my calculations, we will be in the Caribbean sometime tomorrow morning. 

Dinner tonight is suggested to be formal dress, we dodged the last one, but tonight you may see me donning a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment