Friday 22 January 2016

Day Seventeen

Friday 22nd January

Current temperature (08.00) 29c anticipated to be rising to 38c !
A bit of a dilemma today, we are anchored off Boca da Valeria and to go ashore we need to get on the ships tender.Boca, by the way means mouth, so we are at the mouth of the river  Valeria
In itself not a problem..BUT, this is a tiny fishing village with a population of 75!
The inhabitants Caboclo are descendants of Portuguese sailors, who inter married with the local Indians and  they will all be gathering to “meet us and greet us warmly”.
To me this reads a bit like Mickie and Minnie meeting and greeting you in Disneyland, hence my dilemma.
I’m not certain I want to take part in such a circus, even with a chance to acquire a few small trinkets and even a chance to cuddle a small child’s pet sloth are the highlight of the visit!
Call me miserable if you like....but not my cup of tea.
We cast off at 15.30

No comments:

Post a Comment